Information you give us
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
if you contact us about adoptions or fostering;
if you make a donation to us (either financial, non-financial or in-kind) or respond to our newsletters or appeals;
if you contact us about volunteering at one of our shelters, fundraising on our behalf;
if you attend an event that we have organised or are participating in (adoption drives, yard sales, shelter open days etc);
if you apply for a job at Happy Street Dogs Foundation, become an employee or provide services/consultancy either via an agency or direct to us;
if you subscribe to our newsletter;
if you contact us directly via the contact details on our website or via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
If you interact with us in any of the above ways, we may collect and process the following information:
· personal details such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
· social media accounts/profiles;
· financial information (we may collect and process bank/card details but we will never store or share them with a third party);
· any information you enter on our website or provide via email, SMS, Whatsapp, telephone or social media;
· any records of your correspondence with us via our website, email, SMS, Whatsapp, telephone or social media;
· details of your visit to our website, including your IP address.
We may receive your information via a third party, for example fundraising sites like Bit Giving or petition sites like Change.org. They will share information in accordance with their own data protection policies, and we advise you to check their privacy statements to better understand how they process your personal data.
What we use your information for
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
· to provide you with the most relevant services, products or information;
· to process your donation;
· to facilitate the adoption of dogs and cats in accordance with our Adoption policy including aftercare purposes to ensure successful rehoming;
· for our own internal record keeping;
· to keep you up to date with Happy Street Dogs Foundation news, fundraising campaigns, events and any other information about our products and services or those that we provide access to;
· to permit selected third parties to send you details about products or services that we believe may interest you;
· to ensure our website is optimised to give you the best experience for you and your computer/mobile device.
Images sent to us following successful adoptions may be used on our website, in our newsletter communications and on our social media platforms. Any image published by us will be available to the public for viewing and commenting. By submitting any content to us you are allowing us to use it in the manner mentioned above.
We may analyse your personal information in order to provide more relevant and specific communications to individuals or segments of our database. We may also use these profiles to make donation requests to those more able and willing in order to raise funds quickly and more cost-effectively. This information could include previous donation amounts or interests expressed in specific Happy Street Dogs Foundation animals or activities.
We may use Facebook ads to display campaigns to existing supporters when they visit Facebook.
Who has access to your information
Our employees, volunteers and/or consultants may have access to your information for the purposes for which you have provided it to us (for example sending Happy Street Dogs Foundation newsletters, reaching out regarding adoptions/fosters, research, data analysis and/or payment processing). These parties will only be given the information needed to provide the required service, and we make sure they handled your information with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt your information. We store all information on secure servers.
Credit card details
Controlling your personal information
If you wish to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, you can do so in the following ways:
· if you are asked to complete a form on the website, look for a box that you can click on to let us know that you do not want the information shared to be used for direct marketing purposes;
· if you have previously allowed us to use your information for direct marketing purposes you may at any time change your mind by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply follow the link in the footer of our newsletters.
· We will only sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties if we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you have allowed us to do so.
· You can request details of and changes to the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, however a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, you can contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Copyright © Happy Street Dogs 2018